Protection vs hope (was Re: Polyphaser reply about balanced lineprotecti

Subject: Protection vs hope (was Re: Polyphaser reply about balanced lineprotection)
From: ron@gw3ydx.demon.co.uk (Ron Stone)
Date: Sat Feb 10 09:00:08 1996

-----
| Ron Stone, GW3YDX -    EMail ron@gw3ydx.demon.co.uk

-----
Personally  - if I hear thunder roaring and lightning cracking all
around me the - last thing I am going to do is to unplug feeders and
so on.

I want many more years in ham radio. I do not wish to be  a fried
crisp in a box underground.

If you have not implemented proper lightning protection, DO NOT mess
with your cables during a thunderstorm. Was it Benjamin Franklin who
got a zap from a kite during his experiments ? The guy was lucky.

73
Ron