Power Line Noise-Part III

Subject: Power Line Noise-Part III
From: Del Seay <seay@alaska.net> (Del Seay)
Charles H. Harpole wrote:

> I find the cool or cold days are the worst noise 'cause the pwr lines
> shrink and some little sparks start up.  Damp is even worse 'cause damp
> hi resistant paths conduct better than dry ones.  73 K4VUD

It isn't possible to say one or the other. It depends on what is causing
the "noise". There are too many different sources on all lines conducting
power. The most usual on wood poles is loose hardware, and again that
can be more than one thing happening. Vibrations caused by the magnetic
field, arcing in a splice, etc.
Obviously, the higher the potential, the more likely you will have
radiation. (And re-radiation)
The very best thing to do, is buy where there is only buried lines
for miles! Then go solar power! Then, be sure to pay the priest!
de KL7HF