Antenna comparative performance

Subject: Antenna comparative performance
From: Charles H. Harpole" <harpole@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu (Charles H. Harpole)
To all Gear Heads:
Please stop trying to assert the superiority of computer modeling over
field experience (esp. lots of field reports).  Your computer models
simply can not account for all the factors in actual antenna
performance.  There are just too many variables.
I, too, teach in college, likely the place you were taught to serve the
computer as a tool for final answers.  But, colleges over did it on you.
Give me a side by side comparison on the air in the field from many
DISTANT rcve sites, then make some tentative conclusions.
73, Charlie K4VUD