80m + Rohn 25 in swamp = HELP!

Subject: 80m + Rohn 25 in swamp = HELP!
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue Feb 27 16:46:58 1996

>Need suggestions on how to configure/install an appropriate base
>for a 60-70' Rohn 25G vertical in a swampy,muddy,wet loaction(s).
>The method may drive the ground plane choice for an 80M 4-square.
>Am aware of W0UN's use of G10 in each leg. Land too soft for heavy
>equipment.

Wizzer --

   Sheesh, what a mess but verrrrryyyyyy interesting for ground conductivity
if saltwater.  I would just put a big form in the "ground" and wheelbarrow or
pump the concrete in.  Either a wooden form or a big, short section of
Sonotube would work.  Kind of messy but not too many other choices.  An
electric pump might enable you to evacuate most of the water which would be
helpful.  Keep the concrete/swampwater slurry from running into the swamp
would be a good ecological thing to do. This is the other thing a tower base
does -- keeps the tower from sinking in the ground.

   BTW, what is G10?  Is it an insulating material in the legs or what?

Good luck, Wiz --    Steve   K7LXC