Contest cq-ing

Subject: Contest cq-ing
From: Charles H. Harpole" <harpole@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu (Charles H. Harpole)
I, too, resent extensive contest cq-ing that is (1) on an otherwise busy
and open band and (2) does not result in a QSO for the caller for long,
long stretches at a time.  I heard lots of this kind of thing on the 160
m SSB test.  Guys load up at 1.835.25, claim not to be in the window, and
then call cq with no answers for twenty to thirty minutes at a time.
Where is the Old Man with his Rotten Radio label, now?
Contest running is the big high (as opposed to the big sleep), but if you
no get any answers, you not really running anything buy your overly large
mouths.  Get real.  73, K4VUD