Swamp thing

Subject: Swamp thing
From: frenaye@pcnet.com (frenaye@pcnet.com)
Date: Wed Feb 28 22:04:14 1996
I managed to delete WZ1R's original message but wasn't the issue how to put
up an 80m vertical or 4-square in a swamp.  He has Rohn 25 for the vertical
or something like that?

Rather than figuring out how to build something big and heavy and requiring
serious guy wires, why not try some kind of lightweight vertical.  I haven't
seen the details of the Force-12 80m vertical but several dxpedition groups
seemed to like it.  I can imagine some kind of floating platform with cross
arms out 20-25' that the vertical is guyed to, sorta like a sailboat...If you
could only see the picture in my mind...

How big is this swamp?  How about a catenary or two from one side to the
other that you can hang vertical (wires) from?

73 Tom

OK you can quit laughing now...

E-mail: frenaye@pcnet.com
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box 386, West Suffield CT 06093 Phone: 860-668-5444