Output Spike on Icom-706

Subject: Output Spike on Icom-706
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed Feb 28 23:03:07 1996

> Some time delay is required for the ALC circuitry in the 706 to kick in and
cause the >output power to be cut back to the proper amount.

  It seems to me that I read the same scenario and caution applied to 2M HTs
when driving a brick.  When "low power" is selected, it seems like they would
xmit on high power for a wee bit until the ALC kicked in and dropped to the
"low power" level.  It was raising havoc with the 2M bricks as well.

73, Steve  K7LXC