EWE Antennas...

Subject: EWE Antennas...
From: W8JITom@aol.com (W8JITom@aol.com)
Date: Fri Mar 15 21:04:28 1996

>The bottom line here:  The EWE works - not great, not always better than a
>Beverage - but it works.  For those with limited acreage for adequate
>Beverages, the EWE, I think, would be a very worthwhile investment for
>improved reception (at least on 80).

I did a survey on top band about the EWE antenna. You conclusions absolutely
agree with the vast majority of respondents to the EWE users survey. "It's
better than nothing, and worse than a short Beverage". The hapopy users had
no other antennas, but even the people with short Beverages found them
better.

At my location with poor soil, the EWE doesn't work at all unless it's placed
over a ground screen.

With computer models of antennas close or connected to real earth, things
often don't work the way they model.
73, Tom