ARRL DX CW Mystery

Subject: ARRL DX CW Mystery
From: k7ss@aloha.net (k7ss@aloha.net)
Date: Sat Mar 16 19:41:54 1996
I tell ya....we W7s are really along way from Europe.....now you believe me!!!!!

Aloha
Dano K7SS

From: w6go@netcom.com (Jay O'Brien - W6GO) (Jay O'Brien - W6GO)
Subject: Scotch 88, UV

John's advice on Scotch 88 is right on.  I've found that even
super-expensive Thomas&Betts UV rated cable ties break and fall off here
after about ten years.  Scotch 88, however, seems to last forever.

My experience is based on over 1000' of horizontal messengers here which
support multiple cables, and the ties or tape wraps are applied at about
one foot intervals.  The sun really gets to the part of the cable tie
that is on top of the messenger cable.

If I have a situation where I feel the extra strength of a cable tie is
required, I now protect it from UV with Scotch 88 if at all possible.

Scotch 88 will unwind and make "flags that flap in the wind" if you
overtighten the last wrap.  The worst way to install it is to pull it
hard enough to break it off.   The right way to use Scotch 88 is with the
last wrap under absolutely no tension.  Use a pair of scissors to cut the
tape, and press the last wrap down AFTER cutting the tape.

Scotch 88 has been around a long time.  They really did that product
correctly.  I wonder why nobody else seems to be able to equal Scotch 88?

73, Jay
    w6go@netcom.com