Dxpeditions and Skinny Cats.

Subject: Dxpeditions and Skinny Cats.
From: ramirezk@emi.com (ramirezk@emi.com)
Date: Wed Mar 20 07:34:48 1996
 For those of you that believe that Dxpeditions are made by Fat
Cats with loaded wallets here is a breakdown of our KP4 trip for
WPX SSB.
  Average airfare cost per person- 250.00 R/T
  Average meal cost for the whole week per person- 100.00
  Rental vehicle split per  person-125.00
  Lodging- Free
  We're talking about 475.00 essential cost. Take along 200
bucks for rum and Cokes and souvenirs. Let's say 700 dollars
total. this is for a full week. This is a little less than 2
dollars a day saved a full year.Not hard to do. Anyone can go on
a dxpedition! Most of the guys I know scrimp to gather the funds
to do so. They fly 10 dollar military flights, sleep in
tents,stay at friends qths,etc. The FEW that fly first class and
stay at luxury accomodations, etc. well all I can say is More
power to them. If you got it ,use it.
None of us at the KP4XS M/M are rich.
 We are comprised of 2 Engineers of some sort, A retired
software guy, 2 Data communications Techs, A Lan/Wan Guy, and
I'm not sure what S55OO does.This is my yearly Caribbean trip
for Fun in the Sun. Please let us enjoy it and don't make us
feel guilty about it.( Like it did anyway:*))
    73 ken