Fair Play???

Subject: Fair Play???
From: KB5YVT@aol.com (KB5YVT@aol.com)
Date: Mon Apr 1 23:05:46 1996
Getting to sit out from operating this WPX and keeping an eye on the new guys
that had a chance to operate at K5XI, I was able to tune around on one of the
positions not in use.  BTW this gesture by a Top Contest Station (K5XI) will
result in some new callsigns in the logs for contests to come.  Thanks to
those who were patient with the new guys, first time using CT can be a
nightmare for a beginner!  They didn't set any records but they S&Ped
themselfs into being hooked!

I found the following tactic being used more than a few times by multi
operations. I think a station would feel that they had a great run freq.
 They would QSY to another band to run thru a few mults and Q's for 10 mins.
 While they were away, another call would be used to "hold" the great run
freq. until they could return after the ten minute ticker said QSY ok.

Great strategy or foul play???

73  Mike  KB5YVT (W5NN)