Frank Donovan

Subject: Frank Donovan
From: KK5EP@aol.com (KK5EP@aol.com)
Date: Mon Apr 8 00:12:14 1996
  Would someone be so kind as to send me Mr. Donovan's e-mail address please?
 73 & tnx Mike  KK5EP.

From: WF3T <steve.steltzer@paonline.com> (WF3T)
Subject: RFI summary

        First, thanks to all who responded, in case I missed replying to
anyone directly. I recieved a lot of excellent suggestions and ideas. With
more testing done it's now apparent I have several problems here, but one of
them is definitly on the band, as I suspected. Many others reported hearing
it also. This has been going on for quite a while, but seems to be getting
worse lately.
If you hear it and have a 40mtr yagi, please get a heading on it and report
it here. Maybe we can get something done if we get a decent fix on it.

As for my other problems, here's a few of the possibles from the suggestions:
Touch lamp, dimmer switch, power supply

And a couple I found previously:
Dirty lid switch in washing machine - Loud 60hz buzz just like powerline
Phone lines - I have 2 lines to the house, they were twisted around each
other and tangled in tree branches. I've never heard of this one, but
trimming the trees and separating the lines solved 1 buzz. (???)

And, the biggest problem appears to be a non-resonant 160 mtr windom I put
up last fall as the 2nd rig antenna for 160 and 80. It's picking up
something (BC? or several somethings) and coupling it to the other antennas.
Moving the portion of this antenna that was closest to the tower resulted in
a large reduction in  noise. Eventually I'll get rid of this antenna, in the
meantime, I'm hoping the ICE bandpass filters coming next week will knock
out the rest.

                                                                  73, Steve

*\*  steve.steltzer@paonline.com (WF3T)  *\*
*\*        Harley Davidson Inc.          *\*