Moderated list? (Was Re: 90% of... )

Subject: Moderated list? (Was Re: 90% of... )
From: albraun@socketis.net (albraun@socketis.net)
Date: Tue Apr 9 21:56:23 1996
KM9P wrote:
>The solution to this problem is very simple and requires a little
>work.  We change this reflector to be MODERATED.
(snip)
>What we will get is intelligent discussions again instead of BS
>postings by guys that never operate contests and obviously have
>nowhere else to call home.

I agree.  With the recent introduction of 4-letter profanity (even
the "mild" stuff) into both the text and titles of messages, this
list has undergone a severe deterioration in its quality & is starting
to look more & more like rec.radio.amateur.misc & its ilk.

Perhaps a little more self-restraint on the part of the users is all
that will (or at least SHOULD) be necessary.  THINK BEFORE YOU SEND,
PLEASE!  IMHO, the tests should be: is this something of interest to
contesters, & is it something that would be suitable (both in subject
& vocabulary)for a print medium such as NCJ or CQ-Contest?

This list has been very useful for me in the past, & I very much
appreciate the effort & expense Trey & his employer (who supplies the
bandwidth) have expended in making it available to us.  I think it is
too much for us to expect him to become the moderator too.  Hopefully
a few bad apples won't ruin a good thing for the rest of us.
73 - Alan NS0B

* Alan Braun MD, NS0B/V31EV *Internet: albraun@socketis.net       *
* Jefferson City, MO        *Packet: NS0B@N0LBA.#cemo.mo.usa.noam *