SB220 Harbach suppressor kit

Subject: SB220 Harbach suppressor kit
From: AB5YG@aol.com (AB5YG@aol.com)
Date: Wed Apr 10 00:19:04 1996
Thanks for the many thoughts on  SB-220 stabilization - I have used my amp
since 1972 with no modifications - still using original tubes -- I "fried"
the plate parasitic choke resistors a month ago while on 10M.  The HV
resistor string for the volt meter also bit the dust a while back.  I figured
now would be a good time to clean out the 24 years of dust and fix what was
broken. Oh - The plate tunning cap was binding - A little Polyphaser
conductive goo fixed that problem - should be good for another 24 yrs - hi -

I installed the Harbach parasitic suppressor kit and HV rectifier/meter board
kit this past weekend.  I am very satisified with the kits and my SB-220
works just fine.

73 - Bill - AB5YG (ex K2MHJ)

PS - The secret to getting years ouf of a SB-220 is: Give it all the air you
can get and have a spare plate transformer around for "insurance".