No subject

Subject: No subject
From: veillet@ocar01.obs-azur.fr (veillet@ocar01.obs-azur.fr)
Date: Thu May 2 10:58:19 1996
Could somebody explain me what is the P-150-C list mentionned in the rules
of the nex CQ M contest ? Is it available somewhere on the net ?
tnx - Chris, F5IDM

From: David Robbins <ky1h@berkshire.net> (David Robbins)
Subject: Ground Rods Made Easy

Hamforever@aol.com wrote:

> The water drill technique works very well in South Texas and South Louisiana
> also.  The effort is reduced by a factor of ten vs. hammering them in.
>
> 73 de John, WA5TWL

has anyone done a test of the effectiveness of a rod put in this way
compared to a hammered in rod?  it would seem to me that using the
'water drill' is creating a larger hole.  this is evidenced by the
comments that the rods are also easy to remove.  but doesn't this
reduce the surface contact area with the earth and therefor increase the
resistance of the ground?  i would expect a hammered in rod to have
better contact with the surrounding earth and probably provide a lower
resistance contact to it.

73, dave

--
ky1h@berkshire.net   or   robbins@berkshire.net