RCMP Non-Horror story

Subject: RCMP Non-Horror story
From: k6eid@avana.net (k6eid@avana.net)
Date: Mon May 6 17:39:14 1996
Bill Rindone wrote:

> You guys like horror stories, here's mine!
>
> Last week I receive a knock on the door and open it to find a RCMP (Royal
> Canadian Mounted Police). No he didn't bring his horse.
>
> He advises that there has been a complaint filed against me of interference
> and that I am running too much power. I must have looked at him strangely
> because he said "All one has to do is look at the size of your antennas to
> know that you are running too much power"

I had a similar incident back in the early 1970s when the family was
vacationing in Whitehorse, Yukon.  We were staying in a motel and I had ran a
coax down to the mobile antenna on the car and was oiperating on 20 SSB. About
2000, there was a knock on the door and a gent identified himself as an RCMP
and said he had had a TVI complaint from a lady who relied on Alaska TV for
reception. He said TV went off at 2200 so I could operate then. I asked how he
tracked me down. He said he was an ex-VE6 and he just rode around looking for a
ham antenna! I always heard that the RCMP also got their man and he sure did me!

Phil K6EID
]