Heil phone + FT 1000 MP ??

Subject: Heil phone + FT 1000 MP ??
From: py2ny@SP-gw.ampr.org (py2ny@SP-gw.ampr.org)
Date: Sat Jun 1 21:55:22 1996
Hi contesters ! !
I  bought  FT  1000  MP  during  last Dayton Hamvention. The rig is nice and on
operating  position  now.  I'm  feeling  problems  with Heil phones, that needs
aparently  high volume position to get good sound... When using FT 1000 MP plus
HS-5  from  Kenwood, all work FB FB, with AF gain button around 9 o'clock. Turn
to  Heil,  and  need  to adjust volume button to 1 or 2 o'clock! Is that OK, or
need I to make any adjustment?
By  the  way, can I use old FL 2000 B (no time to buy AL-811 during Hamvention)
with FT 1000 MP without preocupation? Any advice about this work situation?
THANKS, sorry for my poor written English... PY2NY (PW2N in contests) - Vitor