Power supply pictures

Subject: Power supply pictures
From: steve.m.zettel@internet.nps.usace.army.mil (steve.m.zettel@internet.nps.usace.army.mil)
Date: Tue Jun 4 16:51:22 1996

Very nice, Gary. However, having been a Chief Operator at The Dalles
Amplifier (I mean, The Dalles Dam), I know what it's like to have my hand
on the "Big Switch" controlling 2,000 megawatts of P.E.P. --that is, Pretty
Enormous Power.

For a tour through the inside of my present 600 megawatt QRP rig, set your
Browser to:

http://www.nps.usace.army.mil/opdiv/libby/libtour1.html

Note that we have abandoned the use of "hollow state devices" for a
more robust technology, Magnetic Amplification!

By injecting the output of my TS-50 into the voltage regulator boost circuits
of the five 120 megawatt "rotary amplifiers" we are able to modulate their
output with CW, SSB, AM, FSK, or any other mode we want to dream up.

The beauty of this system is that no antenna is necessary for propagation,
nor is any receiver needed at the other end! We simply connect into the NW
USA power grid and merrily work all appliances plugged in to any wall socket
anywhere on the continent. Look out domestic contests, here we come!

Sunspots? We don't need no stinkin' sunspots!

Steve Zettel  KJ7CH                     kj7ch@libby.org
Libby Dam, MT USA               steve.m.zettel@usace.army.mil

Author:  k7fr@ncw.net (Gary Nieborsky) at Internet

If your interested you can see photos of my power supply for my new killer
amplifier.

The first one is my filament supply and the second is my plate supply.

The other two are for panel lights and cooling water feed pump.

Photo location:

http://www.gcpud.org/hydro_op.htm

~8^{)

73 Gary K7FR
Antenna Farms

"I don't live in the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from the top of my
tower."