WPX Certificates HELP!!!

Subject: WPX Certificates HELP!!!
From: wa3wjd@wirelessinc.com (Brian McGinness)
Date: Wed Jun 5 16:06:03 1996
** Reply to note from floydjr@Interpath.com 06/04/96 08:51am -0300

> A lot of material has been on the reflector lately about promoting and
> enhancing contesting. Well let me tell you that in my opinion this is
> the most NEGATIVE factors you can have in a contest. When the sponsors
> of the contest do not support it how do you expect hams to.

I agree wholeheartedly. My first certificate that I was supposed to
have won was from a WPX contest, and I never saw it. Since it
was my first one, I kinda would like to have it.

I don't really know what can be done, but I am leaning towards
just giving up on the WPX contests entirely, if the sponsors
don't care enough to give out the awards!

It's a real shame, bacuase there is some opportunity for USA stations
in that contest bacause many of the big guns are not on that weekend...

73, Brian

* Brian McGinness WA3WJD    *
* Potomac Valley Radio Club *
* wa3wjd@wirelessinc.com    *