IARU...W1AW getting closer to level playing field

Subject: IARU...W1AW getting closer to level playing field
From: N3ADL@aol.com (N3ADL@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jun 14 17:23:03 1996
Having been a guest op at W1AW for several years I applaud the moving of the
club station to a REAL  "Contest" site. I just hope this can be continued to
include multiple stations so that the crew manning W1AW for the contest
weekend has a chance against the other HQ stations. It tends to get
frustrating knowing the playing field is tilted and no mater how hard you
try...you have no chance to win. The other HQ use several sites and split
bands/modes with professional contest aluminum in the air. W1AW is a
broadcast site..NOT a contest station. It sure would be nice to use our
resources to even the field.....Hmmmm   N2RM has 160 CW.....AB4RU has 10
CW......A W1 on 80....etc....THEN as the bands moved to the west......KI3V on
10...a W6 on 20...etc...all linked by fiber optic and the east coast guys
passing .bin files to the west coast guys...or whoever HAD the best
propagation......( I WISH) ;-)

This year Frank, W3LPL, will be hosting W1AW / W3 (someone's Brilliant idea!)
and will man a full team of hired guns. The HA's may kick our tail but we'll
get a piece of em' ! Please help us with a QSO on as many bands as you can.
To a hard core group this contest is as important as WRTC is to its
participants. I'm sure the guys at KC1XX's that hosted W1AW last year felt
the rush of HQ competition. They did a great job, too! The cycle is as about
as low as it can get (i HOPE!) so its going to be a rough road to win it. We
need your support to climb the ladder in HQ standings until the powers that
be decide to split this thing up as outlined earlier and let our guys kick
some posterior!

                                          73 de Doug // N3ADL      FRC

P.S. In WRTC........ I like W2GD and his W8 buddy by a whisker... over KF3P
and my V2 roomie KR2J.