July CQ out

Subject: July CQ out
From: HENRYPOL@aol.com (HENRYPOL@aol.com)
Date: Tue Jun 25 13:32:19 1996
Too hot here in Raleigh to do any antenna work (almost too hot to go fishing,
also) this week, high tempatures and high humidity.  You break into a sweat
as soon as you step outside.  I was hoping to get up something for the Wire
Antler Contest in July.  Guess I'll have to use the wire antennas in the
attic.  Oh, this posting was to be about a magazine....

Front cover photo of WA4QQV in his neat shack.  However, no description of
what's there or outside.  According to the paragraph on the table of contents
page, his antennas are featured on the front of the 96-97 CQ Calendar.

Contest related items:  At Least I'm Not a Football Widow (includes a
proposal for a new CONTEST - "All in the Family"); Results of 95 CQ WW VHF
Contest;  Review of QRO Technologies HF-1000 amplifier;  Contest Calendar -
Internet, Contest Friend or Foe?

Other interesting items:  Surplus Sojourn, military electronic gear from
Europe; Review of Optoelectronics' Scout freq counter; Build a Thermochromic
RF Power Indicator (for QRP rigs); The Facts of Life (how to get rid of most
of your "junque"); VHF Plus - summertime antenna installation; Antennas &
Accessories - LA1IC multiband coaxial traps, MFJ's G5RV antenna, plus new
software and books; Doug's Desk - build a 40M QRP Titan;  DX - July is IOTA
Month; and more....

Does anyone have a copy of W6SAI's new book yet?

73 and good reading,
Henry Pollock - WB4HFL
henrypol@aol.com