WRTC/Florida Contest Group Challenge Pie Breaker

Subject: WRTC/Florida Contest Group Challenge Pie Breaker
From: BK1ZX70SFL@aol.com (BK1ZX70SFL@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jun 27 01:44:35 1996
RE:

The Florida Contest Group

W inner  R equests  T opping  C hallenge

AC1Obiewanlowpowerkanobee has stated we need a tie breaker for the upcoming
Winner Requests Topping Challenge - Pizza challenge - he feels FCG WRTC
entrants could all possibly sweep, succeeding in working all of the 52
different teams.

As an enhancement to the WRTC games, perhaps we should use QSO count with
WRTC teams - i.e. a goal of not just working each of the teams once, but on
additional bands as well. You 104 guys should like the sound of that.

The only other question I see is do we go for working the greatest number of
different teams SOLELY as a tie breaker....or....do we change our modus
operandpie and score this as a "points" event where a final score is the
product of the number of different teams (mults) times the total number of
QSOs with the teams?

I do not feel that bandchange time limitations requiring x-minutes on a band
are apprepot for this event, if you think so then I am definately in favor of
using QSOs as a tie breaker only.

The idea of only using total number of WRTC-Team QSOs as a tie breaker seems
less fun than trying to both get the sweep and the most QSOs with the boys.
Points definately seems like more of a challenge....and since it means more
QSOs, should be more fun.

The tie breaker of TX QSOs was what the TDXS guys used for the original
Armadillo Run's rules. Only one station swept all 254 Texas counties...this
was fortunate for him, as number two W2GD had more Texas QSOs than the
winner. John only missed one county - Rains....thanks to K5ZD I worked the
sweep!

So, if it is ok with Low Power King, AC1O - its okay with me if we make the
QSOs with the 1X1 WRTC teams count 1 point each, and multiply the sum of WRTC
QSOs times the number of different WRTC teams. If we do so, like SS, remember
that a high score is not always based on a Sweep. :-)

i.e.: K1ZX works 50 teams and a total of 200 WRTC QSOs the  score would be
10,000 pts. If AC1O sweeps with 52 ( after all, multipliers ARE) and he makes
192 WRTC QSOs, so he scores 9,984 points. ZX wins, QSL? Or do we change the
"weighting" of mults/or/QSOs.

I know, there's a question your asking yourself - do you feel lucky and wanna
gamble on the "tie breaker" idea? Well, do you Walt?

I am game for either method....Anchovies Challenge 1 Operator, here.

And Walt, how do you want to handle the two additional exhibition teams,
should we count them as multiplier/QSO potential as well....making a possible
mult total of 54? If I remember correctly they will also have unique (poor
choice of wording, eh Dick?) callsigns as well.

This is shaping up nicely, not just a pie in the sky idea after all Walt!

I could really go for an Anchovie Calzone One, Over

zx

k1zx@contesting.com

"its not a contest, its an eating event"