Putting the fun back in contesting (long)

Subject: Putting the fun back in contesting (long)
From: foggie@dtx.net (foggie)
Date: Tue Jun 25 03:44:01 1996
On 29-Jun-96 Rich L. Boyd wrote:

>As far as not doing CW for five months and getting out of practice, I've
>never noticed this myself.  I feel that I've been doing CW for so long
>that I've kind of fully integrated it and wouldn't get rusty after five
>months any more than I would if I wasn't able to speak English to anyone
>for five months.  I do notice I may make more mistakes in sending,
>though.

Rich;
I would tend to agree. I was out of radio for about 10 years, 86-96 and upon ret
esting
morse was my last worry. I found my speed had dropped from about 40WPM to about
20WPM
but I was happy since it had been 10 years, and after a few contests, I am back
around 35 WPM.

73
Al - kk5zx
E-Mail: foggie@dtx.net            | Snail-Mail: Allen Fogleson
                                  |             Fort Polk, La 71459
This message was sent by XF-Mail free of charge, and is 100% microsoft free!
For more information on remaining microsoft free try http://www.redhat.com/