Antenna article

Subject: Antenna article
From: tad.danley@mail.nextel.com (tad.danley@mail.nextel.com)
Date: Thu Jul 25 16:43:58 1996
     Haven't seen the article, but nobody has yet pointed out the problem
     with Statement #1 below.  According to Walt Maxwell, W2DU, in his
     excellent book "REFLECTIONS, Transmission Lines and Antennas" the
     radiator of an antenna system need not be of a self-resonant length
     for maximum resonant current flow, the feed line need not be of any
     particular length, and a substantial mismatch at the junction of the
     line and the antenna does not prevent the radiator from absorbing all
     of the power available at the junction.

     73, Tad, NZ3I