RS Phones and RFI

Subject: RS Phones and RFI
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com (PaulKB8N@aol.com)
Date: Sun Jul 28 10:53:10 1996
I've had great success using Radio Shack telephones as a cure for RFI
problems.  I recently picked up some on sale for $9.99 each (Model 43-908)
and was surprised that they had no RFI protection whatsoever!  I returned
them and "traded up" to a model 43-585 at $19.95, which worked great.  Lesson
learned:  You get what you pay for.

FYI, to cure a neighbor's problem, I removed the wall plate and inserted a
2.5uH choke on one side of the twisted pair.  This usually works, but the
series inductance sometimes affects the ringer on the phone.

Hope this helps someone!      Paul, KB8N,  "Low wire and high desire"