VE3BMV RF radiotiontorial

Subject: VE3BMV RF radiotiontorial
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu Aug 8 23:51:43 1996

>First of all let me say "hello radio" to all little pistols and big guns and
>sorry for my 10-year QRT. After we moved to NJ, it was a shock business
wise,
>life wise, radio wise and health wise. It got so bad that I coudn't continue
>with Radiosporting Magazine, and more so with any of my ham radio
activities,
>my apologies to all those who missed it, but it was a matter of survival.
>
>I almost joined the SK contest team - one day, driving a car, my heart
>stopped and just my swift knockout to my chest got it restarted and pumping
>again, thank God, I am still here. My blood pressure was way up, cholesterol
>up to 320 and I was clogged up and overweight. Medical profession told me
>vegetarianize and eat pills for blood pressure and cholesterol. I listened
>for 10 years, but no improvement. After my QRT incident, friend told me
about
>this crazy doctor in NYC (Dr. Atkins) that tells people to eat eggs
>(cholesterol) and meat (animal fat) and they would get better. I went to
>listen to his presentation. Next day I got his book (New Diet Revolution)
>read it, went on diet and vitamins/supplements and in 6 weeks i lost 30 lbs,
>my blood pressure is now 118/78, cholesterol below 200 and dropping and no
>more medication for anything. All this after eating bacon, eggs, fatty meat
>and vegetables. Now I get sick of watching TV bombarding people with info
>about harm of eggs and meat. The BIG CON job of getting you sick and under
>the knife of bypass surgeoens is ON!!!
>I mention this because I was as many of you, I was swallowing the
>"cholesterol" garbage by media and sitting too much at the desk. I will have
>more on this in articles at the later date, home page, even contemplating to
>resurect Radiosporting in some form. I have some followers - Carl, AI6V who
>is on the way to reclaim his lean mean contest machine posture and health.
>Anyone else?

       This HAS NOTHING to do with contesting!  Can someone please take this
man's computer away?  PLEASE!  At least if he published a magazine, I could
NOT subscribe.

      Trey -- HELP!

73,  Steve  K7LXC

From: 0006008716@mcimail.com (Doug Grant) (Doug Grant)
Subject: RF Exposure Comments

Lemme see here...

the rules dictate lower fields at higher freqs, and fields increase as you
get closer to the antenna. The rules talk about averaging the fields. Soooo...

1. Shack-on-a-belters are in big trouble. They operate VHF/UHF (until the
LEO crowd gets the bands), have antennas right close to their bodies, and
talk way too much.

2. The aforementioned S-O-B types will have to move to HF. Yessss! More Qs
for us HF contesters. Assuming the S-O-B-turned-10M-contesters can figure out
if they comply with the FCC limits. Since they don' know nuthin' (how could
a no-coder know anything anyway?), they gotta ask someone.

3. All of us Smart Contesters (tm) can make a few bucks with a bunch of data
proving that their 50W 10-meter rig is in compliance (remember, under 50W
is automatically exempt anyway, but we oughtta be able to charge these guys
for the info).

4. We can make even more by proving that the Official 12-foot-over-the-roofline
antenna is also legal.

5. We need a good hacker with access to the FCC stuff to modify the averaging
period for Offically Certified COntest Stations to 365 days. That way, we can
crank it up for 4 weekends a year. You wanna talk Smoke? VROOOM!

6. As for unscrupulous legal practitioners grabbing onto this new "cause"
("Ham Radio Neighbors - Are they causing you cancer? Next! on Geraldo!), think
about it...what lawyer wants to go visit a nrighbor whose house is getting
bombarded with radio waves? All we need is one story about a lawyer dying
from RF exposure while getting a deposition from a neighbor in an intense
RF field. They'll stay away from us.

7. And while we're on the subject, how about a ham dying from a heart attack
brougth on by the stress of an RF Exposure suit? Get the lawyers on our side.

8. Or maybe we should go to law school and make the big bucks available in
RF Law.

9. Nah.

Oh, well. That's enough for now.

Doug K1DG
President, K1DG Consulting Services for New HF Ops
Affiliated with the bafoofnik Institute for Rf Exposure Studies (Our Motto:
RF never hurt me or anyone I, uh, what was it I was talking about?)

p.s Did anyon else notice that the IRS guy was "putting his two cents' worth
in". What's the deal here? DO they get a discount?