REAL Multi-single (ARRL DX)

Subject: REAL Multi-single (ARRL DX)
From: smlondon@lucent.com (smlondon@lucent.com)
Date: Thu Aug 15 08:26:13 1996
On Aug 14, 11:28pm, K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

>      I agree!!!   As someone said recently, I'm in favor of anything that'll
> make it more fun.  Being able to slither around the bands, breaking pileups
> and working mults unimpeded by a ten minute would be great!  And more fun.
>
> 73,  Steve   K7LXC
>

>-- End of excerpt from K7LXC@aol.com

I might point out that changing the rules to make it more fun for a M/S could
make it less fun for single-op stations.  Under the current 10-minute rule, a
M/S station must abandon their RUN frequency to work a multiplier on a
different band.  As a frequent single-op participant from the black hole, I
LOVE the idea of finding 14.195 vacant at 1500Z, when an east-coast M/S station
has gone to 10 meters to work a ZS !  Changing to a band-changes-per-hour rule
means that the M/S station will never have to give up their RUN frequency.

I fine example of the law of unintended consequences.

I would like to hear what other single-op stations think of a change to the M/S
rules.

Steve London, N2IC/0
Rocky Mountain Division CAC Representative
smlondon@lucent.com