GARAGEDOOR/HF MOBILE-ANTENNES.

Subject: GARAGEDOOR/HF MOBILE-ANTENNES.
From: ky1h@berkshire.net (David Robbins)
Date: Thu Aug 15 21:59:15 1996
ALEX A.P. MEYER wrote:

> EVER DROVE YOUR CAR INTO THE GARAGE WITH THE HF MOBILE ANTENNE ON THE
> BACK OF THE CAR AND WERCKED THE ANTENNE?
>
> I MUST NOT BE THE FIRST ONE THAT DID THIS. AND THEY ARE NOT CHEAP
> NOWADAYS.
>
> HAVE ROLL UP DOOR WITH REMOTE CONTROLL UNIT.
>
> CAN ANYTHING BE DONE TO THIS REMOTE ANTENNE,SO IT  WILL DISABLE THIS
> REMOTE CNTROLL UNIT, WHEN THE HF MOBILE IS ON THE BACK OF THE CAR?
>
> OR DO YOU HAVE ANY SENSIBLE SUGGESTION TO THIS PROBLEM.
>
> '73 ES DX............ALEX.......................

when you put the antenna on the car, put the remote in the trunk.

--
ky1h@berkshire.net   or   robbins@berkshire.net
http://www.berkshire.net/~robbins/ky1h.html

From: aa8u@voyager.net (AA8U) (AA8U)
Subject: Vibroplex

Hello All,

I have a Vibroplex keyer paddle, not iambic, with chrome base. No. 46826,
maybe a serial number. Don't see a model number. I know they are fairly
expensive at the hamfests or I would just get a newer one.

The jewel that holds the top of the vertical bar on which the paddle is
mounted is worn out or missing....dunno for sure.

I need to get repair parts to take the slop out of the mechanism.

Is the company still in business? Anyone know if they have an 800 number if
they still exist?

My cw is sloppy enough with a new set of paddles, with the Vibroplex, it is
much worse. hi  Any suggestions? Would like to get it repaired before
contest season.....

73,
Bruce
AA8U