Contest Laptops

Subject: Contest Laptops
From: ehayes@VNET.IBM.COM (ehayes@VNET.IBM.COM)
Date: Wed Aug 14 10:33:19 1996
My old PS/2 Model 70 acts like it's on its last leg.  Sometimes it
refuses to start up.  I think it's the power supply and I really
don't want to fool with getting hardware that old and downlevel
repaired.  Besides that, it has a micro channel buss and that makes
adaptors expensive.  I would like to know what laptops are being used
to control rigs, connect to packet and run your contest software.  I
would require at least 2 com ports with an option to add more if needed.
I don't really need the latest, greatest whiz banger since hamming will
be the only thing the laptop will be used for.
Any ideas?  Oh yes, it should be IBM compatible.

Thanks,

Wayne   KC5DVT  ehayes@vnet.ibm.com