What is your Lat-Long?

Subject: What is your Lat-Long?
From: jefray@comsys.net (Jerry Fray)
Date: Thu Sep 5 02:27:19 1996
David -

David B Curtis wrote:
> Jerry,
>    Watch out Jerry.... we'll take away your nerd credentials for saying things
> like that!  A *real* nerd will work all night long to do with a computer
> something that only takes 10 minutes by less techno-whizzy methods!
Oh NO! Besides "repeater police" we have nerd police too! Never woulda
thunkit! :0>
>    Seriously... good suggestion.  Never would have thought of that.
Gee thanks!

-73-
Jerry KB9NMU
--
"No Code - No HF....Know Code KNOW HF!"

From: harpole@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu (Charles H. Harpole) (Charles H. Harpole)
Subject: Crank up tower fixing

Tnx to all who responded to my query abt cold galvanizing sprays.  Cum. of
advice was clean rust off, spray, check often.  I just used some "paint
right over rust" product named Hammermill.  Painted it over some very
heavy rusted metal saw horse legs.  WOW, this stuff really works.  Will
let you know after a year of outdoor Fla. exposure of lasting qualities.

Meanwhile, upon a tip from this reflector, I checked the pully rollers
(the little cupped-in-the-middle wheels that carry the crank-up cables
around corners) on my HD-70 HyGain crank-up tower.  All were ok except one
which is about half worn out one side of the cup/groove.  When all worn
out, the cable will slip and bind into the space between the worn pully
wheel and the pully housing and BIND FOR GOOD.
Of course, my bad wheel in on the top section of tower.  Changing it will
be easy.  Failure would mean that I could no longer crank down the tower.
Check those pully wheels, guys!!!  de K4VUD

From: n2uck@juno.com (Roman S Makuch) (Roman S Makuch)
Subject: COM3/COM4 on Win95

Get something that works and tell Microsoft and it's greedy president to
stuff Windows95 up his wazoo.

73 de Roman, N2UCK

From: steve@austin.ibm.com (Steve Runyon WQ5G 512-838-7008) (Steve Runyon WQ5G
512-838-7008)
Subject: More on What is your Lat-Long?

I played around with the tiger mapping page that Craig mentioned...
and as he noted it does not show the lat/long on the map. I also discovered
that it apparently does not allow decimal points, commas or minus
signs in the labels.

However, I was able to put a marker on the map
with my lat/long in the following manner:
30r43177x97r6090    <-- since my lat/long is 30.43177 , -97.6090

I could then download the map and print it locally.

A pretty impressive page, tnx Craig!
73 de Steve