40M Yagi comparisons

Subject: 40M Yagi comparisons
From: G4DYO@aol.com (G4DYO@aol.com)
Date: Wed Sep 18 04:05:50 1996
In a message dated 17/09/96  19:58:59,  zettel@homer.libby.org (Steve Zettel)
writes:

>Why does every contesting ham in the known universe use a Cushcraft 40-2CD
>40M Yagi?

There can be only two possible answers:
1. The QRK is extremely competitive.
2. They haven't heard of Quads!

Vy 73 de Bren, G4DYO

From: kb2hun@wizvax.net (William R Liporace) (William R Liporace)
Subject: CVB/LTA

Here is what I know (not that I know much) about Voice Blaster and the
interface...
It is available from LTA industries email address is lta@contesting.com

It was designed to work with Sound Blaster Cards. All other cards are
compatible cards.. Good Luck :-)

The humming in the interface is usually caused by ground problems.  These
are found in a lot of cards... W9XT, DVP, Sound cards... I have found
that playing with caps, toroids, isolation transformers etc helps.  I
would love to see a better interface for DVP, Sound Card interfaces..

Please this is not an add for any of the above products.  I have used all
but the W9XT card, I know of a person using one.  They all have thier
merits and pitfalls.  They all are made by reputable peaple and are
supported very well!!

I did not find a home page for LTA Industries, but the do have a
reflector for sharing info.  Links to all major software can be found @
KY1H's homepage, KA9FOX's Homepage, VE7TCP's Homepage and many other
sources!!

I hope that his will help others.  After 10+ replies here you go.
GL & CU in the pile ups :-)  73 Will

William Liporace KB2HUN          kb2hun@wizvax.net
763 Huntingdon Drive             KB2HUN @ K2TR (yccc packet cluster)
Niskayuna, NY 12309              KB2HUN @ WA2PVV (NEDA)
518-346-3804 home                518-471-2837 work