Mail tracking

Subject: Mail tracking
From: RDTALBERT@aol.com (RDTALBERT@aol.com)
Date: Sun Sep 22 17:46:59 1996
      I wouldn't be posting this here, knowing that many of you could care
less about this silly vanity call sign business (and to those of you are
put-off by postings on this topic I humbly apologize). But I was simply
amazed by the amount of detail provided in the USPS ONTRACK Express Mail
tracking site. To wit (and converted from html format):

**********
We unsuccessfully tried to deliver your Express Mail on September 22 at 11:00
am.  We left a notice explaining we will attempt a second delivery the next
postal
business day.  If the second attempt is unsuccessful, we will
hold it for five days for pickup at the post office.  If it isn't picked up,
we
will return it to the sender by Express Mail.  Information is continuously
updated, so please check again.

Here is what happened earlier:

September 22 11:00 am ATTEMPTED DELIVERY PITTSBURGH PA
September 22 9:58 am ARRIVAL AT PICK UP POINT PITTSBURGH PA
September 22 8:10 am ARRIVAL AT PICK UP POINT PITTSBURGH PA
September 21 11:07 am ENROUTE/DESTINATION HOUSTON TX
September 20 8:44 pm ENROUTE/ORIGINATION MCALLEN TX
**********

      I mailed my application at approximately 4:30 PM Friday (9/20) from a
small Mission, TX branch office. I thought this might be of interest to those
of you who are using this mode of filing and want to observe what is
available for your hard earned $10.75.

      And, as you can see from reading the above, my application should be
safely in the hands of the FCC on opening day.

      And, yes, I will be checking again tomorrow to make certain events went
as planned (but sparing you all of the indignity of further posts on the
subject).

      I hope this has been of some value to those of you in suspenseful
anticipation. And, again, I apologize to those who are opposed to this type
of posting on the reflector and to those who have no interest in the subject.

73  Roy
K9ER