October CQ arrives

Subject: October CQ arrives
From: HENRYPOL@aol.com (HENRYPOL@aol.com)
Date: Thu Sep 26 22:56:09 1996
Great day at the Post Office; not only did CQ arrive, but also two fishing
magazines.

The front cover photo is a portion of NF2L's antenna farm.  The usual
fine-print writeup is on the contents page.

Hey!, Surprise!, This may be the August Special Antenna Issue we were
promised, read on....

Contest related features:  Great inspirational editorial for the up-coming
CQWW contests including a comparison to my other favorite sport - fishing!
(Good Job Alan!); Results of 95 CQWWDX CW Contest; How To Build A Broad-Band
5 Element 20 Meter Yagi; Radio FUNdamentals column - Interesting Antennas I
Have Known (W6SAI); How To Make A 160 Meter Quarter-Wave Sloper; Antennas &
Accessories column - Antenna Ramblings (Top Ten Devices, Dunestar Systems,
and Productivity Resources Masts); CQ WW DX Contest All-Time Phone and CW
Records; Contest Calendar column - Tips for Improving Your SSB Contesting
Skills; and Propagation column - 96 Contests, First During New Sunspot Cycle
23.

Other interesting items:  Review of MFJ-411 Pocket Code Tutor; Bill's Basics
- Questions & Answers (interesting!?); Doug's Desk - Some Practical Aspects
of Toroids; Math's Notes - DC Power Supply Filtering; DX - DX Newsletters;
Washington Readout - FCC Creates Family Radio Service (the new CB !?); and
more.....

Sorry, no VANITY CALLs articles or discussions!

73 and good reading,

Henry Pollock - WB4HFL
henrypol@aol.com