ARRL CW from 9G !

Subject: ARRL CW from 9G !
From: pa3gbq@pi.net (pa3gbq@pi.net)
Date: Wed Oct 2 22:05:48 1996

Hello all fellow contesters,

Like last year it is very likely that I will spend my holiday in
Ghana again.
It will be around the ARRL CW contest. (What a pity HI)
(Very very maybe also during the SSB one)
I have some plans to run it from a top of a mountain with nothing
between USA and antenna then air. (What a pity again !)
Available >   6 element monoband beam for 20 meter.
              Cushcraft A3S triband beam
              Vertical for 40 and dipoles for lower bands.

I think it is very hard for me to decide how to run it.
Single operator  multi or single band. (wich band ?)
Any suggestions or experience ?

I will also try to get a license for 160 meter this year. (This is not
allowed with a 9G5 call) only I remember the static problem in receiving.
On the place where I will stay out of the contest a beverage is not possible.
I now a lot of you have been in Africa. How did you solve this problem ?
Most trouble on 80 and 160 meter.

Please any suggestions direct to my email adress  Thanks very much.

Steve  PA3GBQ /  9G5BQ  Member of Contest Group Oude Maas PI4COM / PA6WPX

email : pa3gbq@pi.net

ps I'm very happy there is no dx cluster in Ghana so that discussion
   is closed HI.