80M short yagi's

Subject: 80M short yagi's
From: mmeehan@wlv.hp.com (Mike Meehan)
Date: Thu Oct 3 10:03:12 1996

I'm looking for comments on KLM or M^2 yagi's.

How do they play at 110' The only reference I have
now is the info in John Devoldere's book. My plan
is to put one on a big crank-up, so wind survival
is not such a big issue (unless of course we have
a windstorm on the contest weekend). (Anyway I
dont think the peak wind speed has topped 40 mph
since they have been keeping records.)

Experience with:
         height vs performance?
         number of elements--is a 3rd ele worth it?
         for fun, fixed vs crank-up tower headaches?
         is the Force antenna too short?

Summary to those interested...

Respondents please indicate if you want your comments
anonymous in the summary.

Kindest Regards,
-Mike (AK6N)