KT34XA Gain - MLA2500 Modification - Linear-Loaded Yagis - FT990/1000 In

Subject: KT34XA Gain - MLA2500 Modification - Linear-Loaded Yagis - FT990/1000 Interface
From: HENRYPOL@aol.com (HENRYPOL@aol.com)
Date: Sat Oct 12 23:15:38 1996
While in sunny southern California this past week, stopped by Jun's
Electronics in Culver City.  Picked up the latest copies of the DX Magazine
(9-10/96) and Communications Quarterly (Summer 96).  There are several
articles that should be of interest to the CONTEST group.

DX Magazine has an article which compares the KT34XA's gain with the TH6DXX
and several 10, 15, & 20 monobanders using the YO software (AD4MQ).

Communications Quarterly has the following:

(1)  FT990/1000 Interface Circuit using the band data output to control
external devices (AD5X).
(2)  4CX400A Russian Tubes for the MLA-2500 Amplifier, modification (<$350)
allows for economical tube substitution (plus higher power) (W4OIW/6).
(3)  Data On Long-Path Propagation at low latitudes and solar minimum (NM7M).
(4)  Modeling and Understanding Small Beams - Linear-Loaded Yagis (W4RNL).

73 and good reading,
Henry Pollock - WB4HFL
henrypol@aol.com