CFZ vs LU-Novices

Subject: CFZ vs LU-Novices
From: BK1ZX70SFL@aol.com (BK1ZX70SFL@aol.com)
Date: Thu Oct 24 04:05:27 1996
why worry about breaking promises, Mr Bill doesn't seem to be bothered with
inaccuracies.....100,000 police are - I mean, will soon be......

oops, this isn't the Presidential debate talk group?????

...sorry wrong reflector

From: cpenick@juno.com (Chris E Penick) (Chris E Penick)
Subject: Address for DF2UU

Can anyone help me find a mailing address for DF2UU. I have checked some
of the usual callbook servers, but no luck finding the address. If
anyone has his mailing address, pse send it to me here. TKS!!

Chris N4YGY

From: k1jks@juno.com (William G Bithell) (William G Bithell)
Subject: CT v9.26 and FT-1000MP

On Wed, 23 Oct 1996 15:22:03 -0400 kb2ny@po.fast.net (Jack Trampler)
>I am trying to interface my FT-1000MP with CT ver. 9.26 and am running
>into difficulties.  I keep getting alternating messages saying "YAESU
>Read Radio Timeout" and "YAESU Radio Timeout".  I have the COM port
>to N82 and 4800 BPS and no signalling.  I have tried it on both COM2
>COM3, and have also tried the XON, RTS, DSR signalling options.  I get
>no responses either way, however the CAT light on the MP flashes every
>now and then.
>I also tried the above, but with the FT-1000D selection.  I get the
>messages, however, I am able to change bands on the rig using the
>or Alt+F2 keystrokes.  Nothing else seems to function.
>Has anyone successfully connected the 'MP to CT or does anyone have
>ideas?  Thanks for reading this and thanks in advance to everyone who
>Good Luck in the Contest(s)!!!
>73, Jack
>packet: KB2NY@W3BI.#EPA.PA.USA.NA  e-mail: kb2ny@fast.net
Use a straight through cable that Radio Shack sells for 10 bucks
one end DB9 in the FT1000 MP the other goes to my DB9 i/o port

Install the comtsr for the radio

Mine goes :  COMTSR3 -I10 -B4800  -N82

(You need to identify your com port, be sure that there is no IRQ
conflict.   the B4800 and N82 is mandatory for the yaesu)

Run setup carefully select FT1000MP = Radio1
select the right options in setup.

don't overlook the obvious.

GL, Bill

From: k1jks@juno.com (William G Bithell) (William G Bithell)
Subject: W9XT Card/Icom 751 config?

On Thu, 17 Oct 1996 22:36:51 -0500 (CDT) aa0ob@skypoint.com (Greg Fields)
>I writing this for Jeff, AA0SQ, who recently
>purchased a W9XT card. We worked on it tonight and
>can't get it to transmitt voice from a Heil HM-10
>mic into a Icom 751. Could you take a minute to
>look at our wiring diagram and tell us if we
>are doing anything wrong? We seem to be able
>to record using the DVRC S/W but, we get no
>output when playing the memory. And when the
>mic is keyed with the switch we get a terrible
>noise, some sort of feed back with a low tone.
>DB 25 pins      Radio Side
>23              Mic in, pin 1 of Icom 751
>11              Mic Gnd, pin 7 of Icom 751
>25              Mic out, pin 2 of Icom 751. 27 uF cap in line
>13              Mic GND, pin 7 of Icom 751
>14              PTT OUT, pin 5 of Icom 751
>1               PTT GND, pin 6 of Icom 751
>8               CW plug of Icom 751
>9               CW plug of Icom 751
>CW works O.K., and card seems to be behaving
>correctly but, we are wrong with our wiring
>somewhere. Any help you could give would
>certainly be appreciated since CQWW phone
>is almost here!
>Greg AA0OB for Jeff AA0SQ
>Greg Fields AA0OB
>Minneapolis, Minnesota
>Greg,  Did you resolve this?
I just built an interface for an FT1000 and have the same trouble!
Low output and hum!

TNX, Bill