True North in one sentence

Subject: True North in one sentence
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider)
Date: Sat Nov 2 00:56:37 1996
Del Seay wrote:

> Bill Hider wrote:
> >
> > Your tower (or any other object on your property) will cast a shadow
> > TRUE North at the time of day that is exactly half way between local
> > sunrise and local sunset.
>
> How much are you willing to bet on it? Try it here!  de KL7HF
Del, I bet it does work there.  It's just going to be more difficult to
accomplish, but I believe the theory works just the same.

Bill

From: rfpwr@linknet.net (Charles Young) (Charles Young)
Subject: VISIT TO W5WMU/N6TR

Hi All:

Just returned from a recon of W5WMU where I met Tree, N6TR. He is just about
finished setting up for SS CW. His biggest problem will be deciding which of
W5WMU's antennas to use. Pat's antenna farm grows exponentially every year.

Yes, I did see a low tribander....but only one. The 40M antennas are
awesome. There has surely been a lot of work go into this antenna farm.

The TR software as demonstrated by the author works slick..wish I had the
time to purchase and learn to use it but no dice this year.

Tree is a class act... I was impressed with his willingness to answer any
question I asked about strategy or operating techniques. Best of luck to him
and to the rest of you in the contest tomorrow....CU in SS.

Too bad the FCC didn't get the vanity calls issued before the test...might
have increased participation.

73, Chas N8RR (and remaining)

From: aa0cy@robertwanderer.gardnerville.nv.us (Robert Wanderer) (Robert
Wanderer)
Subject: CQWW & 7 MHz - A Suggestion

Why not get all the National Groups together and press for a universal 7 MHz
ham allocation of 7000-7300 kHz.  If SW broadcasters went SSB the needed
spectrum could be found.  How come they don't have to be concerned about
conserving spectrum yet every other service does?
73, Bob AA0CY