Vanity calls - when can you use them?

Subject: Vanity calls - when can you use them?
From: albraun@socketis.net (albraun@socketis.net)
Date: Sat Nov 2 18:46:01 1996
As a VE, I hear this question all the time, from new licensees and
people who are changing their calls with an upgrade.  For at least
the last year now, it has been legal to use a new call as soon as it
appears in the FCC data base.  You do not need to have a hard copy
license in hand.  This is even true for folks who are getting their
first license after passing a (usually no-code) VE exam.  So as
soon as you know what your vanity call is, go ahead & use it.  If
the FCC does with these calls the way they do with most licensing
actions, the hard copy will arrive within 7-10 days of when it
appears in the data base.

Hope you all enjoy your new calls - I'm keeping my old one.
73 - Alan

* Alan Braun MD, NS0B/V31EV *Internet: albraun@socketis.net       *
* Jefferson City, MO        *Packet: NS0B@N0LBA.#cemo.mo.usa.noam *