oh-oh an OO! Confession

Subject: oh-oh an OO! Confession
From: k4sb@avana.net (k4sb@avana.net)
Date: Sat Nov 9 12:19:13 1996
OK, I have gotten 1 OO in 41 years.( and 1 pink for failing to ID in 10 mins on
2 meters of all
places ) Happened about 2-3 years ago in the 10 Meter SSB. Was sitting on
28.503 with 940, 1.8
filter,USB, Titan at about 1KW out peak 6el wide yagi at 1:1.940 had gotten
yearly checkup
in Summer. Met or surpassed all specs. Now, at that freq, my LSB should have
been suppressed at
least 40db even before the filter. Or am I mixing apples and oranges?
Add in 2 low pass filters...1 for 940 and 1 for Titan.

I realize that at any power, I would be putting out a signal also on 57.006.
But, and I forget
who or the RS, wouldn't the bandwidth being displayed on a freq analyser be a
direct function
of how strong the signal was at the OO?

If confession is good for the soul, then understanding must be good for
something.

Anyone help?

:-(

Ed