New Canadian Section

Subject: New Canadian Section
From: TELLAM@mccarthy.ca (Tim S. Ellam)
Date: Tue Nov 12 23:17:20 1996
A few people have inquired about the new Canadian
section(Newfoundland & Labrador VO1/VO2) and its status in the
upcoming contests. The new section was carved out of the Maritime
section(VE1,VY2 and VE9) by the RAC Board in April and became
effective September 1 as part of the Field Organization System.

In consultation with ARRL it was decided that the new section
would not be used as a multiplier for the 96/97 contests season
and the matter would be revisited by the RAC Board in April 1997
and discussed in the CAC to determine the level of participation
from the new section. For SS and ARRL DX VO1/VO2 remains part of
the maritime section.

Tim VE6SH
RAC VP & Canadian CAC Rep