QRP Question (humor)

Subject: QRP Question (humor)
From: w9sz@prairienet.org (Zack Widup)
Date: Sat Nov 16 09:08:14 1996

>>If a QRP station's power output is more than five watts, is he running broth?
>
>Broth? Broth is good only if maked with meat!
>One other question: is more qrp one station who run with 5 watt output into
>10 element monoband at 70 ft. or one station who run with 100 w output into
>low placed dipole?
>
>;-) '73 from George I0YQV.

Aha! The antenna is the thing!

I well remember the ARRL DX contest CW 1993 when Ken V73C was over S9
here on 40 ALL NIGHT ... and he was sending "005" as his power. I asked
him later and he was using a (3 el?) beam. Guess the salt water helps too.

Quite a few EU stations over the pole in that contest (Russians in
particular) had huge signals and were giving powers under 25 watts.

CU in SS ...

73, Zack W9SZ