Catagories...

Subject: Catagories...
From: albraun@socketis.net (albraun@socketis.net)
Date: Tue Nov 19 12:39:36 1996
>>I can't see why there can't be QRP, Low Power and Hi Power divisions
>>in MO and MS catagories.
>>
>> Paul Knupke, Jr.                /  Pinellas County ARES Asst. EC

>I have been campaigning for such catagories now for almost 5 years.
>No one takes the idea seriously.  I have talked with the MidWest rep
>from the Contest Advisory Board to no avail.  I think it is a swell
>idea way past its time.
>
>k0wa@southwind.net

I agree.  I've been to V3 twice to do the ARRL DX contest, each time
doing a 1-radio M/S using low power and just having a couple of other
guys take turns with the radio to keep it on all the time...basically
a 1A field-day-like operation.  There's no way we can compete with
the likes of AI7V who goes to his vacation home at P4 and does a M/S
with his towers and amplifiers.  There are always a number of suitcase
dx-peditions in contests such as that one (and the SS as well with
people going to KP2, KP4 and other rare sections) and it doesn't seem
fair to penalize them by making them run with the "big boys".  If they
have different power levels for single ops already I think they should
do likewise for the multi-ops esp. multi/single...it's not like we're
breaking totally new ground here, the precedent already exists.

73 - Alan NS0B

* Alan Braun MD, NS0B/V31EV *Internet: albraun@socketis.net       *
* Jefferson City, MO        *Packet: NS0B@N0LBA.#cemo.mo.usa.noam *