....getting rich?

Subject: ....getting rich?
From: jefray@comsys.net (Jerry Fray)
Date: Tue Dec 3 13:37:57 1996
Hi Trey -

Trey Garlough wrote:

> Reading Crovelli's excellent note explaining how it's not as expensive
> as one might think reminds me that fixating on the financial aspects
> of the hobby, as in the message that started this thread, is silly.
> No one takes up ham radio as a hobby because it's a good investment.
> If I wanted a hobby that was going to make me rich, I would collect
> rare coins, or baseball cards, or start a chain letter on email.

        I doubt if anyone anticipated getting rich in ham radio.....but
the
thread has developed into a most INTERESTING line.....several have told
us their current or past setups....where's yours?
        As a first time effort at contests and a low scorer too boot
here's my
modest contest setup. Icom 706 @ 100 watts into an MFJ 949E tuner
feeding a Carolina Windom 160 wire antenna between two trees no higher
than 25 feet....next year it'll be different though and thanks to all
--
-73-
Jerry KB9NMU