Computer/Rig: On/Off Daily?

Subject: Computer/Rig: On/Off Daily?
From: JimW9WU@aol.com (JimW9WU@aol.com)
Date: Thu Dec 5 10:43:25 1996
Jim:

I leave the computer on all day/night, with monitor powered down at night.
My 1000D is off unless I'm tuning the band or interested in watching
the cluster spots.  As for the Alpha 87A, it's off unless I'm really
interested in something...but that warmup period can be  killer to wait
for.

As for you drive problems, I highly recommend Norton Utilities. It's
tools are far and away the best for maintaining disk drive integrity.
There's a new version out (Norton Utilities 2) if you're using Win95.

73, Jim W9WU