FT-1000D keying??

Subject: FT-1000D keying??
From: aa4nu@ix.netcom.com (Billy W. Cox)
Date: Mon Dec 30 15:57:16 1996
Chad Kurszewski WE9V wrote:
> >Looking for any mods that allow you to use the Internal Keyer
> >in the FT-1000 and also use an external Keyer
>
> >From what I've been able to decipher in the schematic, it uses >something
> >like a Curtis keying IC.  It has an input that tells it >eletronic keyer, or
> >not.
>
> There do not appear to be two seperate circuits for electronic versus
> manual.
>
> I suppose you could find the output pin and add an external NPN switch
> in parallel.  Has anyone done that???

Been there, Looked at it on the MP, decided NOT to go that route ...

You'd have to cut some traces/etc ... since it "broke" my KISS rule,
I went the old fashioned route and just use my ancient Autek MK-1
and external paddle in parallel with the PC. For me it worked FB
as I can set the MK-1 memories different from the PC software and
at different speeds. Also if one or the other dies, I can still
keep on going ... Still it would be nice to use the internal one ...

73 and Happy NU Year !

Bill AA4NU    aa4nu@ix.netcom.com