Duel Club ARRL Scoreing

Subject: Duel Club ARRL Scoreing
From: W3EA@aol.com (W3EA@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jan 31 10:44:33 1997
 I have sat by over the last few months reading letters in the Nov/Dec and
Jan/Feb NCJ  about the merit of  the ability of submitting you score to more
then one club in different  categories in the ARRL sponsered contests that
have Club Competition.
  As  a member and Presidend of a MEGA Club The FRC. When this notin  frist
appeared  in 1995 . I thought Great By looking over our membership and the
large
generic clubs DLARC Of PA QSO party Fame, Cherry Hill  oF  fd FAME  And not
to mention the NERDS.. I could see  the members of FRC winning All Club
Competition
 Unlimited , Med and local... This would Be GREAT  No longer Would  We have
to ignore the local club scores that are in our area . No longer would thay
have an excuse to maintain there sovereignty.  We would absob there score and
enhance
our position ..  Whats Wrong With This Picture ?
 EVERYTHING.. The CAC in there  infinite  wisdom observed the pite falls of
this folly. By voeting it down.. But it has reared it's UGLY head again. WHY
is this good for contesting ?  The CAC made mention of the creation of Paper
Clubs..
Well if the circus of paper clubs to obtain "MY OTHER CALL"  By noted and
respected contesters. You can rest assured TEAM paper clubs would evolve with
only one perpose .  I know I could put together a DREAM team of FRC'es  in
paper clubs.. both in local and med catogorys....
   IMHO this notion IS NOT GOOD FOR CONTESTING. It was NOT spawned to
develope more contest activity . It was hatched in the hopes to  develope
greater scores for contribution to Larger Contest Clubs.....

                                                             Wayne W3EA
                                                             Pres FRC