FOC Test ???

Subject: FOC Test ???
From: robrk@fyi.net (Bob Morris K2RK)
Date: Mon Feb 3 13:01:09 1997
WILLIAM H HENDRICK wrote:

> > What's the FOC test on CW this week-end....???
>
> I was wondering the same thing also. Is it "First Operators Club"? I
> kind of remember something like that through the ARRL. If you find
> out I would be interested to know.
>
> 73, Bill N0AC
> *****************************
> William Hendrick
> whhendrick@dmacc.cc.ia.us
> Amateur radio: N0AC
> dabs@worldnet.att.net
> *****************************
>From 20 some replies, it does seem to be the First Operators....and
their "private contest". One said 500 members, by invitation,
another said 1000. Some said friendly, others said snobs...
Each to their own....

My observation was more to propagation.....Everyone squaking about
poor conditions....About every mid-nite, on 40, ZD7DI is begging....
and of the "FOC's" there were a few ZL's and 9J2BO came right back to
my 40' inv V and 100 watts.

There's nice propagation, just no one on, unless there's a reason....

GL Bob ....K2RK

Thanks for all the replies.................

From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson) (David L. Thompson)
Subject: E-mail logs receipt

As of early Monday morning ( 3 Feb ) the following E-mail logs have been
received
at cq160@contesting.com:

9A2TW
EA4ML