Amp reflector? (Alpha 374A)

Subject: Amp reflector? (Alpha 374A)
From: RDTALBERT@aol.com (RDTALBERT@aol.com)
Date: Tue Feb 4 15:29:24 1997
In my personal opinion, creation of a QRO reflector is a great idea. Any
other support for this?

Roy    K9ER

From: k4ro@music-city.tdec.state.tn.us (K4RO Kirk Pickering) (K4RO Kirk
Pickering)
Subject: CW Contest Filters

> A passive AF filter that isn't particularly narrow is very useful
> just before the headphones to get rid of a lot of hiss, hum, QRN
> and other stuff.  I have one centered on 600 HZ that is about 1.5 KHZ
> wide @-20db and I feel less tired after contests after using it.

Totally agree.  I use an "MSC Smart Filter" which is a tunable SCAF,
and it is a major fatigue reducer.  The IC-761 has a lot of hiss and
a small amount of hum on the AF output (they could have done a better
job in the AF stage.)  The SCAF makes it all disappear, and greatly
reduces fatigue.  I'm sold on the usefulness of an outboard AF filter,
especially if the rig's AF curcuitry could use some improvement.

-Kirk  K4RO