ARRL AWARD AND PLAQUES PROG

Subject: ARRL AWARD AND PLAQUES PROG
From: pp5jr@pp5jr.ampr.org (pp5jr@pp5jr.ampr.org)
Date: Sun Feb 9 23:15:37 1997
Hello all,
i'm looking for the 1997 ARRL DX CONTEST AWARD AND PLAQUE PROGRAM!
I will apreciate so much some help with this!
Best regards,
SERGIO PP5JR
                 AMPRNET - pp5jr@pp5uf-gw-2.ampr.org
                 MAILBOX - pp5jr@pp5jr.ampr.org

From: k4lt@fuse.net (Doug Klein) (Doug Klein)
Subject: Sunday Sprints?

-- [ From: Doug Klein * EMC.Ver #2.5.03 ] --

From: Jim Stahl                \ Internet:    (k8mr@barf80.nshore.org)
To:   cq-contest@tgv.com       \ Internet:    (cq-contest@tgv.com)

A couple of years ago I made the suggestion on the reflector that it might
be a good idea to run the sprints (or at least some of them) on Sunday
evening local time.  My reasoning was that there are many more social
conflicts on Saturday evenings than on Sunday evenings, and many contesters
who don't want to waste family good will on a Saturday night sprint would be
willing and able to operate on Sunday evening.

There were more positive than negative comments, but if the idea was ever
seriously considered by the Sprint editors, nothing was changed.

With a new CW Sprint editor taking over, perhaps this is an appropriate time
to revisit this idea?

Jim Stahl  K8MR    k8mr@barf80.nshore.org
                            or

I vote NO to Sundays.  I have to be at work very early on Monday mornings,
and I enjoy having a beer or two
during the contest (I didn't last night...), and that is all better FOR ME
on Saturday.  Keep it Saturday.

Doug Klein, K4LT